Sunday, September 30, 2007

Breastfeeding.

Heretofore, my breastfeeding reading has been limited to articles about how it's the best thing in the world - smarter kid, helps Mom recover from birth, increases immunity, can help the Texans win games - but I haven't spent much time learning about the actual mechanics of the thing. I figured I wouldn't be doing it, so what good is it going to be if I know all about it?

Well, I just spent about 10 minutes reading the Basics of Breastfeeding, and I'm reminded yet again, of how men are the weaker sex. Do you know any man who could nurse? 10 times a day? 15 minutes on each breast? After giving birth?

There would have to be football on t.v. 24 hours a day; no man would ever go back to work after just six weeks, and they'd demand to be paid their full salary for at least six months.

No comments: