Sunday, October 28, 2007

3 a.m.

It's my shift. I usually get the time after the 1 a.m. feeding, when for some reason, she refuses to go back to sleep. After the next feeding, she'll probably sleep the rest of the morning. Unfortunately, that's about the time Mom and I wake up.

It's been a fairly eventful day. She's past her jaundice, so no more light therapy - I know, you didn't even know she had light therapy, but it's gone now.

She had her first bath, which was fairly uneventful, shockingly.

And then at the last changing, she officially made the switch from brown to green. V. exciting. I'm hoping it will mean a change in habits, too, because for the last half-day she has decided it was fun to make 4 dirty nappies in a row with a little in each rather than save it up.

Fine by me, except a) she hates having her nappy changed, and b) it uses up a lot of nappies.

I've tried a couple of times to use cloth nappies, and she's wearing one right now. She doesn't seem phased by it.

Right now, they're definitely more bulky than the Pampers, but I'm pretty sure that bothers me more than it does her.

Why cloth, you may ask? Well, I'm trying to be more environmentally friendly, which hopefully will be a part this blog. What can I do to use more products made in the United States in a more environmentally responsible way - that kind of thing.

She's back to sleep now, so I'm hoping to take advantage.

No comments: