Wednesday, December 5, 2007

China.

I don't like China. I know it's not very cool to say you don't like a whole country, but it's true. And it's not that I don't like Chinese people - the few I've met were perfectly fine people. And I'm all about the Eastern philosophies.

It's the Chinese Communist/Capitalist dictatorship that I don't like. It's an oppressive and nasty regime. And yet, the American government seems to tolerate it because a few multinationals are making a bazillion dollars taking advantage of what amounts to government slavery.

And then there's the environment.

Despite my best efforts to remain positive and believe that people are about to turn the corner and do the right thing, stories about China always depress me. When I read about China, it's hard for me not to get discouraged to the point of futility.

Usually, I don't even read the stories anymore. I read the headline and think, "Oh, China is fucking some more shit up..."

What else do I need to know?

No comments: